Summer has arrived! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To optimize your comfort and truly relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a fun summer in Chelan and Wenatchee is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Lakeside Heating & Air consistently recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner running in the heat.
- First, another time to cite the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter consistently! Replace your air filter according to the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the cold weather. Running your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can ultimately damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s operations. mow the grass, clean out any debris and eliminate overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you run it this summer. be mindful to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it clear and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where it should and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These straightforward steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you need to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call Lakeside Heating & Air in Chelan and Wenatchee at 509-284-4265 today.