You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to stay snug no matter the weather. While it might not be the first thing that comes to your mind, getting an yearly furnace service is an ideal way to keep from excess spending on your utility bills and now is the perfect time to get that scheduled. The pros at Lakeside Heating & Air have put together some tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we previously mentioned, furnace service can help save you a number of ways. It can help you identify small problems before they become major problems, and it can help ensure your system is functioning at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Changing the temperature on your thermostat several degrees can make a big dent on your energy bill. Month after month those savings will really add up. If you’re having problems getting acclimated to the present temperature, try changing it gradually, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will swiftly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most simple and most beneficial things a homeowner can do. A clogged filter will keep air from passing through effortlessly, which will cause your system to work harder, which drives up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors might be causing you to lose a lot of heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are easy ways to fix drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Lakeside Heating & Air technician is over for your regular furnace service, ask them about the efficiency level of your unit. They can assist you in deciding if it is time to explore getting a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without affecting your comfort.
It’s always the right time to start saving money. Of course there are additional ways to save money, but hopefully this will help you get started. If you need to schedule your annual furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 509-284-4265.