As spring begins, you could be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Chelan and Wenatchee? Especially if your air conditioning unit is recently purchased or was running well last summer.
Here’s one approach to contemplate it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new automobile and never anticipate to request any maintenance for it, such as changing the oil or buying new tires.
The same affects your air conditioner. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving parts. Like a car, it can develop leaks and its moving pieces can wear out.
Having your system inspected annually by a Lakeside Heating & Air expert can help spot minor issues before they become major meltdowns. (And cause your AC to stop working!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your AC is located outdoors, it’s more prone to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can negatively decrease your equipment’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we suggest calling a pro to service delicate internal components.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate within your system can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these issues can cause higher energy needs—and a bigger cooling bill!
- It could lengthen your system’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and could even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly cooling bill and over the years, since you won’t have to install new equipment as fast.
- It helps find minor problems before they lead to major, expensive issues. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will keenly look at parts and perform a set of air conditioning performance tests. These detailed measures often allow us to locate issues before they lead to big troubles that lead to a costly repair bill.
- It helps guarantee trouble-free operation throughout the season. After your unit is maintained, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your equipment is prepped to deliver worry-free comfort. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the best ways to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers expect seasonal maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this work, your unit is at risk for premature meltdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A quality AC tune-up should include an inspection and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC tech. Here’s some of the things we’ll do:
We’ll check the subsequent spots and pieces:
- Complete equipment state
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the services we’ll finish:
- Install new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lubricate moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Service Now with Lakeside Heating & Air
Now is the greatest time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Lakeside Heating & Air pros a call at 509-284-4265 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we visit your residence, be sure to check our special offers for savings on your next maintenance.