As spring starts, you may be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Chelan and Wenatchee? Particularly if your air conditioning unit is newer or was running just fine last summer.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new car and never anticipate to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioning. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving parts. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can wear out.
Having your unit checked yearly by a Lakeside Heating & Air specialist can help spot minor issues before they lead to large malfunctions. (And cause your system to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your AC is placed outdoors, it’s more susceptible to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can negatively affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to service intricate internal parts.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate inside your system can make it work harder and lower airflow. Both these troubles can cause higher energy use—and a bigger cooling bill!
- It could prolong your system’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and might even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly energy costs and over the years, as you won’t have to buy new equipment as quickly.
- It helps locate little problems before they turn into big, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will keenly examine components and complete a cycle of air conditioning performance checks. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to identify issues before they turn into large troubles that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free comfort throughout the summer. After your air conditioner is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your equipment is ready to provide worry-free cooling. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers call for regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this tune-up, your system is open to early breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A good AC tune-up should have an examination and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC technician. Here’s some of the services we’ll complete:
We’ll check the subsequent spots and parts:
- Total equipment order
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the services we’ll finish:
- Install new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Grease moving parts
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Maintenance Now with Lakeside Heating & Air
Now is the best time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Lakeside Heating & Air pros a call at 509-284-4265 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we arrive at your home, be sure to browse our discount offers for savings on your next service.