Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Chelan and Wenatchee during the cooler months, when they’re needed the most to keep you warm. While you know the team at Lakeside Heating & Air will always be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is important and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to test if it kicks on.
- If everything looks accurate, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call Lakeside Heating & Air at 509-284-4265 and we’ll get your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.